As an orthodontic specialist, where can I work?

As an orthodontic specialist, you can provide orthodontic care within the primary care setting.

This can be either specialist or general practice or within the Community Service. If you want to work in the hospital orthodontic service as a consultant, you will be required to undertake a further 2 years of higher training as a Post-CCST trainee; training includes the management of complex orthodontic cases and experience of hospital management. To become an academic consultant based within the university, there is also the requirement to undertake research towards the award of a PhD.