What can I do if the NHS won't fund treatment for my child?

If your child is not judged to have a dental health need, you may wish to seek private treatment.

You can get recommendations from your dentist or the BOS website as to where to go for treatment. It’s always a good idea to talk to others who have had orthodontic treatment and get personal recommendations too.

If you disagree with the assessment your child has received then you should speak to your local NHS Commissioning Team via PALS or ask you family dentist to arrange a second opinion.